cookie monster

September 11, 2007 at 6:57 pm 22 comments

Today, I received TWO chocolate chip cookies AND one bear claw the size of a catchers mit with apple filling! And the pastries just keep coming. And it’s just September! Do y’all realize what it’s like around Christmas at my office? Oh myyyyyyyyyyyy.

But, the fun part was that, our department ordered lunch in today. And, Stephanie (my co-worker) ordered a chocolate chip cookie with her lunch. So, I was going on and on about “wish IIIIII had a cookie”, blah, blah ,blah.  So, she finally offers me the cookie. I tell her no. She becomes insistant, and acts like she’s just going to throw it away.

Of course, I screamed when she held it over the garbage. (What is she? Crazy?) But, I tell, her “noooooo, I don’t need your cookie! I am perfectly capable of getting my own cookie. Watch this.”

So, the next person who came through the lobby on his way to the elevator,

I say, “Hey Jack. Did you bring me a cookie?”

He says, “A cookie? Uhhh, was I supposed to bring you a cookie?”

I say, “Well, YOU KNOW I like cookies. Did you bring me one?”

“What kind of cookie would you like?”

“Chocolate chip!” I say with a big smile and a nod.

He returns five minutes later with not ONE, but TWO chocolate chip cookies for me. I offered to pay for them, of course, but he simply wouldn’t hear of it. I thanked him and he went on his way.

Then I look over at Stephanie and say, “Seeeeeee? I TOLD’JA I could get my own!”

Hhhhhhhhhhh…I love my job.

Entry filed under: office adventures.

google this gesundheit coiffure

• 1. Mel  |  September 11, 2007 at 8:31 pm

I wonder if that would work around here?????

• 2. tm  |  September 11, 2007 at 8:44 pm

Well, Mel…It’s certainly worth a shot.

Do you sow cookies? If so, it’s likely you’ll reap cookies, too, you know. God has set the law of sowing and reaping into our reality, you know.

• 3. Mel  |  September 12, 2007 at 7:15 am

Lots of sowing and reaping around here with cheerful dispositions of course!

• 4. Regina  |  September 12, 2007 at 10:29 am

Sooooo did you eat the cookie or not? I’m dying to know.

• 5. Tracey  |  September 12, 2007 at 12:12 pm

Well, I ate one of the cookies that Jack brought. I did not eat Stephanie’s cookie. (I assume she ate it herself.)I gave the other cookie away to our Information Technology director. And, as for that huge bear claw, I ate most of it. But, I did share three of the fingers off that paw. It was soooo good!
    …And, currently I’m eating free pizza! Fat and sassy, that’s me.

• 6. pcase  |  September 13, 2007 at 9:10 pm

Look. Here’s the bottom line. You can eat what you want. Just hit the elliptical or treadmill on a regular basis. Keep popping those vitamins you started taking a few months ago and drink plenty of water. (make sure you’re including iron and calcium!) I’ve decided that God didn’t create me to be a skinny size 4. I have become increasingly happy with my weight, as long as I feel good. More than anything, get plenty of sleep. Did I mention, eat what you want?!! woo hoo!

• 7. Mel  |  September 14, 2007 at 7:23 am

That sounds like such good advice……..Pam is a great friend and I always love reading her words of wisdom. We need to start living with joy in our hearts and thankful to be the way the Lord made us……….if I could really grasp that concept……..

• 8. anonymous  |  September 17, 2007 at 9:06 am

That poor girl…Stephanie was it?…that you seem to have so much “stinkin’ fun” harrassing. I bet she’s just a real nice girl who thinks the world of you and probably comes to work each day looking forward to seeing your smiling face, just hoping that maybe this will be the day she’ll actually do something right so you’ll like her, and just maybe, if she’s good enough or works hard enough, perhaps you, her mentor and co-worker, would look kindly upon her and share some of those h-o-m-e-m-a-d-e cookies that were made especially for you by the wives of those engineers!!!!

It was just a thought, not that I know this co-worker stephanie or anything like that…I just know how it feels to be picked on relentlessly and then drool from a close distance while those around me savor bite after bite of those still warm from the oven little round moments of goodness speckled randomly with glossy chocolate morsels, having been so recently melted and so fresh they haven’t had time to harden and matte, as though they had been removed from the oven, bypassing the cooling rack and taken straight to the car in order that they may be delivered while still baking in their own heat.

• 9. tsm  |  September 17, 2007 at 9:09 am

Okay, Stephanie. I swear! I guess I’ll be baking cookies tonight or I may NEVER hear the end of this.

First, I guess, since YOU BROUGHT IT UP, I should update my readers on the incident to which you are referring.
    The day after I was brought cookies and bear claws, etc., I was minding my own business, eating some free pizza in a meeting here at the office, when I was notified that someone was here to see me. So, I stepped out of the meeting, and went to the front desk, where I discovered the wife of yet another co-worker. She’d baked some homemade chocolate chip cookies, and her husband, Brad (who by the way, wasn’t even at work that day) had told her that I love cookies. So, she brought me some cookies! Wasn’t that sweet? Drove all the way over here and brought me still warm cookies! Just for me! I brought them back into the meeting, and Stephanie expected that I would share with her. And, ya know, I probably would have shared. It is, afterall, LIKE ME to share. But, then there was the matter of a certain heartless comment that was made with very poorly thought out timing.

So, yes, I s’ppose I’ll have to make cookies tonight. And, I guess I’ll just have to let my kids sample them first. That way I’ll know if they taste all right before I bring ’em to YOU. (I’d taste them myself, but as you aptly chose to point out RIGHT BEFORE I made the decision to scarf down all three of those still warm, fresh baked cookies MYSELF: I am, as you said GAINING WEIGHT.) Think, woman! You could have said that AFTER you had eaten a cookie, but you simply did not think.
    Let this be a lesson to you— Timing is everything.

Shall we open this up for judgement? Yes, I think we will!

Hear ye, hear ye, all ye readers in my blogdom:
    What say you regarding my having eaten up said cookies in rebuttle for said crude comment?

By the way, Steph…Do you know how to spell the that horrible spitting noise known as a raspberry? I usually choose: PLTRHTHRTHTHTH!

Also: While I am honored that you would even consider me as a mentor (or, was that a joke?) there is almost certainly a more qualified mentor for you than me, unless you’re trying to improve your sarcasm skills. How ’bout Beth Moore, for instance? I know yor mama has always liked her so well. =)

• 10. Regina  |  September 17, 2007 at 10:56 am

Okay Tracey, since I don’t know Stephanie, it would be my first inclination to take your side. However, when I think through the situation throughly, I find it so “out of character” for you NOT to share your cookies that I start to think that maybe you do have something against this girl.

I mean you have always been a giving, loving and sharing person so I have to belive that you just “needed” the extra chocalate in those cookies to get you through that grueling meeting you were sitting in.. or at least, that’s what I am choosing to believe.

Next time, I think you should put the cookies in a nice pretty box and ship them to me…. that way you won’t have to worry about hurting Stephanies feelings.. and it will make your friend here in middle TN VERY happy!

• 11. anon  |  September 17, 2007 at 11:03 am

I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU BROUGHT MY MAMA INTO THIS!!! You know that’s shakey ground!!!

AND…I apologized for making the ‘weight’ comment, I know it was mean and the only reason I even said it was my own selfish gluttony. So, again, I APOLOGIZE!!!!

• 12. tm  |  September 17, 2007 at 6:10 pm

Regina! A little help here?!

(For those of you who have wondered, this is all in good fun. Poking fun is sort of the nature of mine and Stephanie’s relationship. She, by the way, is the co-worker who accuses me of being drunk when I come back from a lunch hour with the trappings of a TARGET shopping spree in tow.)

So, don’t panic. There is no real fur flying in this cat fight. This is all for amusement. = )

• 13. Susan  |  September 17, 2007 at 7:26 pm

Ok, peeps. The question here is not whether the cookies should be eaten by the woman who was called “fat,” but whether she crammed them all into her face at one time and swallowed them, half-chewed, and then showed what remained in her mouth to said “annonymous” accuser of fatdom. ‘Cause that’s what I would’ve done. Nuff said. 🙂

• 14. Belinda  |  September 17, 2007 at 8:45 pm

Well! I’m still impressed with the fact that you actually go to work each day SMILING! Wow, you must really enjoy your job better than me. Of course, if I had homemade chocolate chip cookies waitin’ for me I might be smilin’ too!!!
    And, another thing, Susan gave such a descriptive “hypothetical” that I’d swear that she was a witness to said criminal action.
    And finally, my final judgement on this goes to Tracey: it would be INSULTING to your co-worker’s wife (who drove all the way to work to bring you those hot cookies) if you gave even one crumb away to someone else. I say show your appreciation and SAVOR every bite girl!

• 15. Mama Eve  |  September 18, 2007 at 7:15 am

Say “Thank you,” eat the cookies,and keep smiling. Be careful where you drop your hints, lest MORE caloric gifts are to follow.

• 16. carol cox  |  September 18, 2007 at 8:27 am

Tracey,
    All is fair in war and warm cookies! 🙂

• 17. Mary Lynn  |  September 18, 2007 at 7:12 pm

She should have taken the cookie half and said thank you and laid it aside – or kept her mouth shut – was childish about someone else bringing her her own cookie.

• 18. tsm  |  September 18, 2007 at 7:25 pm

Hey Mary Lynn! I’m cracking up reading your comment! Scroll up and read comments (number 8 and number 9) in this entry again..closer! (I think I may be the one who’s being childish!! Guilty! But, honestly we were both just joking around and being pretty silly! But, it’s all in fun, I assure you!)

The clincher for me was that Stephanie had the NERVE to suggest that I should share my cookies with her BECAUSE I’m puttin’ on weight! (Hmph!!!) That was pretty much the straw that broke the camel’s back for me!

And, I DO just wanna make SURE you DO understand that this is all about horsing around! Neither one of us is truly angry…we were just goofin’ off!

• 19. pcase  |  September 18, 2007 at 9:44 pm

18 COMMENTS ON COOKIES!!!! Make it 19, thanks to me.

Looks like the former queen of Quorum in the Music City has officially made her mark on The Bluff City. I am so proud of you!

Sure, I see it. It’s all in good fun. But dog gone it – I’ll defend your cookie-eatin’ self ’til the bitter end. Even if I have to force a smile on my face while doing it.

Fresh-baked, smesh-baked. I don’t care if the engineer wives stopped by Mapco and delivered to you a package of store-bought Oreos. It was the thought that counts. And they thought of YOU – yes, YOU!

You must be making some impression over there. Of course, IMPRESSION should be your middle name, as you left one in middle Tennessee that we won’t soon forget. (a GREAT one, of course)

So, what does all of this tell me? Cookie-beggin’ comes in an assortment of ways – just like an assortment of fresh-baked “hot light is on” Krispy Kremes.

Just keep ’em beggin’ for more girlfriend – even at the cost of a “costly comment.” You can take it – ’cause you are one TOUGH COOKIE!

• 20. MARVELOUS  |  September 19, 2007 at 11:19 am

Oh my goodness…..all this talking of chocolate chip cookies, I’m gonna have to ignore doctor’s orders and get out and get me some…..UGGH!! These hips were made for walking, right?

• 21. Neisy B  |  September 19, 2007 at 12:16 pm

Bake Stephanie a batch of cookies and see if she shares any of them with you! You know the truest test of friendship is when you can tease and play and disagree and fight and still be friends…how sweet that is! Oh, yeah you can bake me a batch of cookies too, cause I really love them too!

• 22. StaycB  |  September 19, 2007 at 2:56 pm

True to form…SASSY BRITCHES!! I think you handled things quite well. Actually surprised you didn’t taunt poor Steph a little more by taking nibbles off each cookie, chewing slowly, savoring every sweet, chocolatey, morsel. Maybe throwing in a few “MMMMMMM’S” just for kicks! Tee, hee!!!