down four pounds since Monday!

March 27, 2008 at 10:03 am 5 comments

Last week I took a break from Atkins dieting. Ate whatever I wanted.

Although I gained progressively every day of last week, somehow when Monday morning came around this week, I was back down. So, all I gained for the cheat week was 2.5 pounds. I started back on Atkins Monday, and it has not been easy. I have really been fighting the concept. But, it’s working for me, still.

When I started back on Monday, I weighed 147lbs.  Tuesday: 147lbs. Wednesday? 145.5lbs. And this morning?

Drumroll please:  143lbs! Wooooo-hooo!

I think it’s only fair that I take this moment to say to my dear brother in law Tom:  My plan has worked! I thought that if I went off Atkins for a week and ate what I wanted that perhaps when I started it back a week later I would get that Atkins induction stage weightloss. You said I’d gain six pounds last week! I only gained 2.5lbs, and now that I’ve started Atkins again, I’ve already lost 4lbs in three days! And the week’s not over!! Just for the record, 143lbs is the LOWEST I’ve gotten so far on this diet. I’m down 16.5lbs total now! Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I have to say, I think this has been an EXCELLENT way to break a dieting plateau. I’m SURE I would do it again if I hit another one!

Entry filed under: weight control central, woooo-hooooo!.

happy birthday to you! happy birthday to you!! seventeen lbs., baby!!

• 1. pcase  |  March 27, 2008 at 6:38 pm

Girl – just keep on truckin’ (as they used to say – whoever ‘they’ is).

I’m right there with you. Down 15 lbs. It’s been a banner week for me because I’ve had some “higher carb” food and managed to “manage it”. That is important, I am discovering.

I had my “hair did” this week too. I just love that crazy Mark who is deeply vested in my coiffure (sp?) About 12 of us from the office go to him for “hair therapy” now. If you are EVER in the middle part of the state, I’m gonna drag you over there. It’s a Paul Mitchell salon that’ll knock your sox off with an incredible high-end color thang.

Hope all is well on the west side – wester than me, that is!
    pc

• 2. pcase  |  March 28, 2008 at 12:51 pm

Wahoo. Make that 17 pounds.

• 3. Tracey  |  March 28, 2008 at 1:07 pm

I want to see pics of your new hairdo! Turn that phone around and snap me a picture, woman!

• 4. Mel  |  April 1, 2008 at 8:14 am

I am sooooo proud of you. So happy for all that is going on, your blogs ALWAYS cheer and inspire. Miss you and love you bunches!
    mel

• 5. Aprille  |  April 1, 2008 at 8:26 pm

YAY! Such great progress Tracey! I have always seemed to find that taking a break from eating healthy to eat something “naughty” gives me a boost that I need with my weight loss. For instance I eat whole wheat spaghetti, and one night I ate regular angel hair spaghetti (and I ate about a TON of it!), and I also had about three pieces of french toast I think. I went totally crazy that day with it, and the next day I was down a pound. CRAZY!