please pray for my daddy

May 15, 2008 at 9:44 am 18 comments

Will you please pray for my daddy?  He’s having brain surgery tomorrow (Friday May 16th) afternoon around 1pm to install a shunt in order that fluid around his brain would be drained into his abdomen where it will hopefully be absorbed/eliminated appropriately.

We pray this will eliminate some dementia symptoms which neurologists feel the fluid build up may be causing.  He’s been struggling with these symptoms more and more over the past several years including a very disturbed gait, language issues (inability to say what he’s thinking), and memory loss.   So, please be in prayer.  My sister, Susan, and I are, needless to say, taking off work tomorrow in order to be there at the hospital with Mama and Daddy.

Thanks y’all!

Tracey

Entry filed under: life influencers.

three more posey paintings update on our brain surgery patient

• 1. jeterfam6  |  May 15, 2008 at 11:26 am

We will be praying! Keep us posted. Love you!

• 2. Marva  |  May 15, 2008 at 2:20 pm

I’ll be praying too, Trace! Give ’em a big hug from me! Love ya!

• 3. MeL  |  May 15, 2008 at 2:22 pm

You and your family will be in our prayers Tracey. Love you guys. MeL

• 4. Gale  |  May 15, 2008 at 2:26 pm

Tracey, you and your Daddy and Momma will be in our prayers every minute.

Thank you for your gift of song on Sunday. You are such a gift.

God Bless,

Gale

• 5. etta gentry  |  May 15, 2008 at 2:29 pm

Will be in prayer! May God guide the surgeon’s hands and give you peace!

• 6. Vickie Bradley  |  May 15, 2008 at 2:29 pm

Tracey,

You and your family will be in my prayers. I petition our sweet Lord to surround all of you with His love and peace. I pray that the doctors are given wisdom beyond our understanding and discernment to know what to do to care of you Daddy. I pray our heavenly Father holds you all close and gives you comfort. I pray for your Daddy to have peace of mind knowing the great physician is in control and loves him deeply.

Keep me posted. I love you and your sweet family. Vickie

• 7. Regina  |  May 15, 2008 at 2:30 pm

You and your family are in my prayers. I am trusting God for a positive outcome for your dad. Love you!

• 8. beth mccammon  |  May 15, 2008 at 2:32 pm

Tracey
    I will definitely keep your daddy in my prayers and your family as well. Please let me know if I can do anything.
    Beth

• 9. CC  |  May 15, 2008 at 4:27 pm

Tracey,
    When two or more are gathered in HIs name, we’re assured that He is there. Tomorrow, He will be with you and yours to hear your own prayers and give you comfort, but also He will be hearing your friends and family lifting all of you in prayer as well.
    He loves you all … and we do too.

• 10. Belinda  |  May 15, 2008 at 4:51 pm

Will most definitely keep you in my prayers…believe it or not, I already had it down on my calendar. Susan mentioned it last time we talked. I hope and pray that he has a quick recovery!

• 11. Susan Guzman-Boyce  |  May 15, 2008 at 5:29 pm

Tracey, I will be in prayer for you and your family tomorrow as you go through this time of worry. I know that YOU know that your father is in the best Hands that any us will ever be in, and that our Father will be holding your father in His precious hands through this surgery. If you get a chance thank your father for share with all of us the Blessing that you are to us. Dear Hravenly Father, I know that you are with this family and that you will give them peace. For it is only You that can do that. In your Holy and Precious Name Amen!

Love you guys!

• 12. chris & pattie fortune  |  May 15, 2008 at 6:57 pm

tracie, we put your dad on our church prayer list.andd we will be praying for your dad and your family.god bless you and your family.we hope things go very well.love chris & pattie fortune

• 13. Vickie Hopkins  |  May 15, 2008 at 7:49 pm

Tracey: I will be in prayer for your father and your entire family. I also pray for wisdom and strength of those attending him,

• 14. Mike Glenn  |  May 16, 2008 at 8:18 am

Tracey
    I received word today from Vickie Hopkins RE your father’s surgery. Vicki Anthony also sent an email to the Prayer Ministry website. I have added him to our prayer list. Please feel free to let me know personally so we can be up to date on him and in our prayers…..We pray for the doctors and medical team who will tend to your father. We pray for good results and for his recovery. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.
    Praying and Caring
    Mike and the PD Prayer Team

• 15. Pat Stringfield  |  May 16, 2008 at 9:09 am

Tracey, Just got your email, I’m sorry to hear your dad is ill. My prayers and thoughts are with you today. Take care.
    Pat

• 16. Denise Blassingame  |  May 16, 2008 at 12:23 pm

Tracey, I know you are with your Dad right now and holding his hand, letting him know how much you love him. I am asking God to be with the surgeons as they operate and allow them to restore him to a better quality of life. Also that He wrap His arms around each of your family and reassures you of His presence in this situation. May God let you know He is with you and your Daddy today. Love you,

• 17. Maresa  |  May 17, 2008 at 9:44 am

We will put him on the prayer list, what is his first name again?
    Love and miss you!

• 18. pcase  |  May 17, 2008 at 3:17 pm

Hey gal – I know you’re getting texts from me – but just wanted to leave something here, too. I am encouraged your dad is back in a regular room. Please give your dad AND your momma hugs. God has all this handled my friend. Love you much!!
    p